For Sale €540,000 - Detached House
“A Magical historical location overlooking Kilcrea Friary, Kilcrea Castle and an Authentic claim to medieval Charm”
The property has it all,
* Prime location only 15 minutes from Cork City, with a choice of routes.
* Stunning countryside, tranquil location.
* Bright, spacious well-appointed living areas.
* A sense of history overlooking the 15th century Kilcrea Abbey/Friary and Kilcrea Castle, constructed by Cormac Laidir MacCarthaigh, Lord of Muskerry.
* 5 no. bedrooms. Three en suite
* Large c. 1.1 acre site.
* Quality carefully chosen fixtures and fittings.
* Landscaped mature gardens making use of the original humpback bridge.
* Well constructed workshop, stables and out offices.
* Nearby schools, bus services, shops and sporting facilities.
You will have to come and see for yourself as words cannot describe the quality and aspect of this property.
Double French doors; porcelain tiled floor.
Dual aspect and very spacious; rustic brick double central fireplace with an open fire and stove; porcelain tiled floor; curtains; 2 no. radiators; coving.
3.60m x 6.9m
Rich panelling throughout; recessed lighting; dual aspect; 2 no. radiators; carpet; curtain.
Fully tiled with full suite including walk in electric shower; radiator
Bedroom 1, to front:
2.92m x 2.69m
Carpet; curtains; radiator; recessed lighting.
Tiled floor; fitted floor and walls units with Belfast Sink; radiator; plumbed for washing machine and dryer.
Family Kitchen/Dining/Living Area:
6.9m x 7.1m (largest measurements)
Porcelain tiled floor; roman pillars; smart fitted kitchen with granite breakfast bar, plenty of worktop space, Range style double oven, American Fridge Freezer, recessed storage area, blinds, feature central open fire. Double doors to patio and single door to stables.
Rear Hallway: Marble tiled floor.
Bedroom 2 / Office:
4.1m x 3.24m
Marble floor, View to garden, radiator
Boot Room: Wall To floor fitted presses, French Doors to garden.
Bedroom 3: 4.31m x 4.6m
Timber floor, 2 no. Windows, curtains, radiator, Fully shelved walk in wardrobe.
Jack and Jill en-suite bathroom between Bedroom 3 and Bedroom 4 with walk in electric shower, white suite and heated towel rail.
3.6m x 5.35m
Carpet, curtains, radiator.
4.95m x 6.6m
5 no. feature windows, curved mahogany corner bar, marble tiled floor, curtains, radiators, magnificent open Fire place, coving, mahogany stairs to gallery area.
Double doors to south facing balcony, carpet, extremely bright and spacious, radiator.
Bedroom 5, Master Bedroom:
5.10m x 4.19m
3 no. Windows, spacious en-suite with wall heater and heated towel rail, fully shelved walk in wardrobe; carpet.
Very spacious mature gardens of over 1 acre with many outstanding features including,
– Patio & Pond
– Secluded lawn is with adjoining 15th century hump back bridge.
– Plenty of mature hedging with apple and damson trees and gravelled pathways.
– Large c. 36m2 workshops. – 2 stables/loose boxes, block built.
– Fuel shed and out offices.
Original 15th century limestone walls to front with large tarmac drive and parking area.
- STUNNING TRANQUIL LOCATION
- OVERLOOKING KILCREA ABBEY / FRIARY AND KILCREA CASTLE
- 5 BEDROOMS, THREE EN-SUITE
- LANDSCAPED MATURE GARDENS MAKING USE OF THE ORIGINAL HUMPBACK BRIDGE
- CLOSE TO SCHOOLS, BUS LINKS, SHOPS & SPORTING FACILITIES
- OVER ONE ACRE OF SPACIOUS GARDENS
- PATIO POND
- FIBRE BROADBAND
Private Well & Septic Tank.
Sensor lighting around the house.
Heating: Oil heating.
Fibre: Fibre Broadband
BER No: 114369473
Energy Performance Indicator: 164.02 kWh/m2/yr